Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Day 6. 27w5d. 44 to go!

The last few days have been up and down. My biggest issue is I keep having contractions. The most preventative measure right now is to push IV fluids & so far that has been working. The doctors are telling me as long as the fluid works then they can hold off labor, however, if it does not, they won't stop labor.

They are continually monitoring for infection as well. That seems to be another major concernwith a rupture case like mine

After yesterday's ultrasound, they did determine that it was Baby A's sac that ruptured. Both are still looking pretty good though. Doc said that both babes are practicing their breathing which is a VERY good thing if they have to come out early.

So it's still a day to day thing we have going on here!

Thanks again for all the love and support. It means so much to us!!

UPDATE: Got some bad news - apparently I do have an infection that isn't reacting to the antibiotics that I have been given. They are changing the meds up & hope to have it cleared in the next 72 hours. This kind of infection is very bad for NICU babies, so fingers crossed that it clears soon!!

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the positive attitude bex! That will keep that babies happy and healthy. I'm trying to think of other activities to bring you...knitting? cross stitch?


blogger template by lovebird